- We collect information about you, how you use the Site, and how you use our Software, products and/or services.
- We’ll send you emails about our Software and other stuff that may be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails at any time.
- We collect Anonymous Data and Application Data (as defined below) to make our website and our Software, products and/or services more useful to you.
- If we do collect Personal Data (as defined below), we will only use this information for lawful purposes and will store and retain this information for as long as required by applicable law.
- You can contact us any time to update or remove any Personal Data that we have collected and stored about you.
Lawful Basis for Processing Data
In certain jurisdictions, the processing of your Personal Data (as defined below) is lawful only if it is permitted under data protection legislation. In this case, we have a lawful basis for each of our processing activities (unless an exemption applies) as outlined below:
- Legitimate Interest. We will process your Personal Data based on Legitimate Interest, and particularly where it is used for marketing and business purposes, and to contact you to start a conversation regarding your use of the Site or the Software.
- Contract. We may process your Personal Data where such processing is required in order to fulfill an agreement or contract with you.
- Legal Obligation. We may also process your Personal Data based on other lawful basis such as where the processing is necessary to comply with applicable law.
How We Collect and Use Personal and Anonymous Data
When you access the Site, download trial or evaluation versions, purchase or register for any Software or any associated software, products and/or services, or use the Software, we may collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data from you. We may also collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data when you send us information or communications. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example and without limitation, your name, phone number, physical address, Internet Protocol (IP) address, credit card information, and email address for the purposes of recording the transaction when you access the Site or when you use any of the Software or any associated products and/or services. “Anonymous Data” refers to data about you that is not associated with, or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons. In most cases, Personal Data collection occurs when you provide such data directly to us, or if such information and data is required in order for us to provide the Software and related products and/or services to you.
We may use Personal Data collected from you for the following general purposes:
- to fulfill your requests for our Software, products, and/or services;
- to improve the Site, Software, products, and/or services;
- to contact you to resolve problems;
- to send you information about the Software, products, and/or services, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to communicate with you about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- to engage with third-party service providers so that you can access and use the Software, products, and/or services; and
- to periodically conduct product and market research regarding your use of the Software, products, and/or services.
If and when we use a third-party payment processing merchant, third-party technical support provider, or third-party hosting provider, we ensure that the same privacy criteria, as defined herein, are in place with such third parties. We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of eighteen.
How We Collect and Use Application Data
“Application Data” refers to data about how you use the Software. The Software may collect certain information from you including, but not limited to: User IP addresses, OS version, OS localization, version of the application, localization of the application, device, bug reports, etc. The Software obtains this information as a result of data being sent to our servers from our software “agent” embedded in the Software or on the website that you are accessing. The Software generates a globally unique identifier (“GUID”) that is stored on your computer to uniquely identify it. The GUID is a randomly generated number; it does not contain any Personal Data. The GUID is stored on your computer and sent with every report generated by the Software. The Software does not, and will not, collect any other Personal Data from your computer(s) without your prior approval. Application Data we collect is primarily used to report application usage and statistics, improve the Software, and track the performance of various marketing initiatives. Application Data may also be used by Easthills to answer questions that customers have about their use of the Software.
Sharing of Personal Data
We will never sell, trade, or rent any Personal Data, or any Anonymous Data that may contain Personal Data, to any third-party.
In certain special cases, we may disclose Personal Data when we have reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to you, or is otherwise injuring or interfering with our rights, property or operations, other users of the Software, or anyone who could be harmed by such activities. We may also disclose your Personal Data and any Application Data when we believe the law requires it, or in response to any demand by law enforcement authorities in connection with criminal investigation, or civil or administrative authorities in connection with a pending civil case or administrative investigation.
If we determine, in our sole discretion, that you have engaged in conduct that might be considered unlawful, fraudulent, or might harm or damage the reputation or standing of Easthills with either the general public or with a business partner or potential business partner of Easthills, we reserve the right to release your Personal Data to such persons or third parties, as we consider necessary, to prevent you from causing injury to, or otherwise injuring or interfering, now or in the future, with our rights, property or operations or otherwise the rights, property or operations of anyone which could be harmed by such conduct.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
If you opt-out of having your information collected through cookies and other web technologies, your existing display advertising cookie(s) will be deleted and a new cookie will attempt to be placed that instructs third party service providers not to track your future activities when that cookie is detected (a “do-not-track” cookie). If your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit our opt-out page, a “do-not-track” cookie cannot be set on your computer. Also, if you subsequently erase “do-not-track” cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, you will need to opt-out again. We currently do not respond to browser "do-not-track" signals.
Third-party Links. The Site and the Software may contain links to other third-party owned and/or operated websites and, where you request information from third-party providers, we may transfer you directly to the websites of such third-party providers. Easthills is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such third-party websites. In some cases, you may be required to provide certain information to register or complete a transaction at such website. These third-party websites have separate privacy and data collection practices and Easthills has no responsibility or liability relating to them. We do not endorse, nor are we responsible for the accuracy of, the privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of such third-party website. These third-party entities are independent third parties and are not affiliated with Easthills.
Third-party Offers. Easthills may provide you with the opportunity to receive special offers, products and/or services from third parties. Where you indicate the desire to receive certain offers, products or services from a third-party during the applicable information collection process, your Personal Data that was provided during that information collection process will be shared with the applicable third-party so that such third-party may provide their products and/or services to you so that you do not have to complete another information collection form to purchase or receive that product or service. Clicking on any third-party offers may add and place cookies on your computer prior to directing you to the applicable advertiser’s site. These third-parties have separate cookie polices and Easthills has no responsibility or liability relating to them. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. You are not required to accept cookies, however, if your browser rejects our cookies you may not be able to use all of the Site functionality.
Third-party Technology/Software/Service/Solutions Providers. The Site or the Software may contain certain software technologies and services licensed from third-party providers. Easthills may engage with certain third-party services and solutions providers such as data hosting service providers, payment processing service providers, and email marketing service providers. These third-party providers have separate privacy and data collection practices and policies, and Easthills has no responsibility or liability relating to them. We do not endorse, nor are we responsible for the accuracy of the terms and conditions of any third-party privacy policies. These third-party entities are independent third parties and are not affiliated with Easthills.
Easthills may be using or sharing your Personal Data for Legitimate Interest purposes with third parties service providers, including without limitation:
- Facebook (Advertising Services); https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Google Analytics (Traffic/Campaign Monitoring Services); https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Google Adsense (Ad Serving Services); https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Google Adwords (Advertising Services); https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Media.Net Advertising FZ-LLC (Ad Serving Services); https://www.media.net/privacy-policy/
- MailChimp (Email Marketing Services); https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Leadpages (Landing Page Services); https://www.leadpages.net/privacy
Security of Data
Easthills is committed to protecting the security of any Application Data and Personal Data that is collected by Easthills. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect any Application Data and Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Despite these measures, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Easthills cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the collection and storage of any Application Data and Personal Data, including without limitation, any mistakes and security breaches that may happen. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect the Application Data and Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the unlikely event of a data breach where your Personal Data has been compromised, Easthills will promptly notify you, the applicable authorities and supervisory authorities or data protection authorities.
Data Retention Period
Any Personal Data that is collected and stored by Easthills will be retained only for as long as required in order to provide certain products and/or services to you, or as required by applicable law. Any Personal Data that is no longer required by Easthills will be destroyed.
Easthills Media Inc.
4217 Belvedere Rd.
Victoria, BC V8X 2M9 Canada
We reserve the right to limit or deny your request to view, update, or remove your Personal Data if you have failed to provide us with sufficient information to verify your identity.